Ministry continues despite this condition:
- Pastoral Summit planning meeting this Friday (please pray for the equipping of Navajo pastors all across the reservation).
- DH has been asked to moderate a long over-due congregational meeting at Community Bible Church. He is reading through two decades of meeting notes, and church communications to get up to speed on what the needs of this body are. Pray for the Pastor to be built up in this process, and for DH to be a blessing as he prepares the meeting’s agenda and moderates the meeting itself (scheduled for this Sunday, March 11).
- Emily is beginning grief counseling with a third grade student from Hilltop Christian School and his mother after the death of his father/her husband.
- AWANA is on Wednesday nights and DH has a energetic class of six pre-schoolers. Two of them, a brother and sister, are faithful in attending and excelling in their scripture memory.
- We have been meeting with a couple on Tuesday nights to press on in language learning. A recent phrase we translated into Navajo was the English idiom, “He was born with a silver spoon in his hand.” We laughed together because, in the Navajo language, it is even more silly than it sounds in English!
- We continue to work hard to help the Christensen family reestablish a normal life — in January, they lost their home and all their possessions to a fire. So far, we have seen God provide them with a used double wide trailer, and, it seems, they finally got water hooked up just last weekend. The process of setting up utilities is quite long here on the reservation, so they don’t yet have power in the house. They are still in need of funds to be able to set up what’s needed for their family to thrive. See the GoFundMe page.
- Emily has been pouring her life into a young woman named Brianna over the past two years. Together, they’ve done Bible study, deliverance prayer, emotional healing, counseling for depression, suicidal thoughts, processing past trauma, and, most recently, Emily has been joining with her to battle against the Accuser’s attacks on her faith. In a conversation earlier this week, she confided, “I really want to be with Jesus but I’m having a hard time believing what He did for me.” She knows the Gospel, was recently baptized, and Emily is confident in her faith, but the Lord has to confirm in her mind the assurance He alone can give. The enemy is whispering lies to her along the lines of, “You’ve screwed up too many times…it’s too late for you…you’ve said and thought too many bad things…Jesus can’t die for that sin…” As you can see, the battle is intense. Please join us in bringing her before our Great God who is delighted to use this dear friend. Just today Brianna had the great joy of leading a woman to the Lord! Hallelujah!